Today, the art of plastic surgery has evolved far from what it once was. Advances in technology and medicine have paved a road for cosmetic surgery options that are more accessible to the general public. People like you and me can get glamorous makeovers, it is no longer just for the rich and famous. Cosmetic plastic surgery no longer looks cookie-cutter, and every surgery deems a different result. Body contouring and customization is attainable for anyone. The vast techniques used today make cosmetic plastic surgeries less invasive, and the breast augmentation procedure is on top of that list.
A few decades ago, if a woman wanted her breasts augmented, she was limited on size, and the appearance post-surgery. There are a few defining factors that make up a typical breast augmentation candidate, but of course, any woman may seek a breast augmentation. Of the most common factors are, but not limited to:
- Enhancing One’s Self Image
- Confidence Booster- Whether it is for wearing a bathing suit, or regular clothing, curves can change the way a woman feels about herself.
- Restoring Fullness- Most women lose fullness in their breasts after pregnancy and breastfeeding. Breast augmentation surgery gives back that fullness that was present before child.
- Post Mastectomy Restoration- Many cancer survivors have had restorative breast augmentation surgery to create a natural balance.
- Body Balance- Many women seek a larger breast size to add balance to their body. If a woman has curvy hips, and small breasts, she may seek a breast augmentation procedure to balance out her curves, giving that “hour glass” appearance (The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, 2017).
Whatever the reason that motivates a woman, there are a variety of techniques that can be employed to create a different look of the bust. Dr. James Baker, a plastic surgeon in Orlando, is a pioneer in plastics. Creating innovative techniques, paving the road for surgeons all over the World to follow, Dr. James Baker, as President of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), is known for many innovative mile markers in plastic surgery; one of which is that he and his team are responsible for gaining FDA approval for the Liposuction procedure in 1995. If you are considering Orlando breast augmentation and other procedures, be sure to seek a consultation with Dr. James Baker. Choosing your surgeon is a big step, and can cause a lot of stress. Don’t you want a proven, skilled surgeon that can handle exactly what you want?
Choosing a qualified surgeon is just one of the big tasks you will have when considering breast augmentation surgery. Part of that skilled doctor’s attributes is that he cares enough about the outcome to assist you in making the right choice for your health, your body-type in choosing the right size, filler and technique to achieve the result you are seeking. There are a few things to take a look at and discuss during your consultation with Dr. James Baker. A few are, but not limited to:
- Size- Size is probably the first thing you start to think about once you consider the procedure. That is very common. In fact, the surgeon is traditionally the last thing women start to think about once they have decided to get the breast augmentation, and there is nothing wrong with that. Implants can range in size from about 150cc to 800cc or even larger, it really depends on your current body size, and what kind of look you are wanting to achieve; whether natural or glamorous. Whatever size you choose, you should know that depending on your current breast size and frame, your surgeon still has to work within those boundaries, meaning, he can achieve a realistic goal with what he has to work with. Also, many women must get a different size for each breast to make them even. As most know, your natural breasts are not the same size (The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, 2017).
- Filler- There are a few choices for what type of filling you prefer. Different fillers give a different look and a different feel. Of the choices are, Saline, Silicone Gel, or Highly Cohesive Silicone “Gummy Bear” Implants. Depending on what you choose, the cost of the procedure will vary, in addition, a different filler may require a different type of incision (The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, 2017).
- Shape of the Breast- Dependent upon the type of filler you choose, can determine the shape of the breast post-surgery. Saline or Silicone Gel tend to be round implants. The “Gummy Bear” implants can be shaped or rounded. Your choice of incision, where the implant is placed will also deem a different result (The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, 2017).
The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. (2017). Breast Augmentation Guide. Retrieved from http://americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org